Forum4 > Swimming for my Dad

The blossoms are fragile

<< < (2/10) > >>

ju4o:
爲 wei ~ do, handle, govern, act (Lat. facere) be, network, solve
無 wu ~ negative, no, not, lack (without credit card) austere, unlifted, acausal

爲無爲 wei wu wei has myriad combinations of meaning ... "network acausal solutions", "finance austerely handled", "lift not finger", "resources dwindle effort"

--- Quote ---Therefore the sage manages affairs without doing anything, and conveys his instructions without the use of speech.

All things spring up, and there is not one which declines to show itself; they grow, and there is no claim made for their ownership;

they go through their processes, and there is no expectation (of a reward for the results). The work is accomplished, and there is no resting in it (as an achievement).

The work is done, but how no one can see;
'Tis this that makes the power not cease to be.
--- End quote ---

Daodejing 2, trans. James Legge in The Sacred Books of the East, ed. F. Max Müller, volume xxxix ( Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1891 )

Mr X:
Renaming The Thread to insults is not The Best Either.

I dont' Want To Insult Sustained Reaction, there Is No Need For that. I Like S ustained Reaction. So Now Posting In This Thread Suggests I Am Posting To Insult, That Is Not The Case.

MR J, I Think You Are Giving Senor Much too Much Credit.

While I Am Late To The Party, I Will Never Have The Depth of Experience, History And Understanding About SR As You Or Merlin Do, My Opnion Of Senor Is Poor To Say The Least.

The Meanings of Wei And Wu Are Deep And Interesting, Very Nice, But the Man "Senor" is not Those Words as Far as Is Obvious.

He Seems To Be an Perma-Stoned Pothead, Sweat Lodge marlarky hoo-ha, and One Of the Most Dangerous People Types There is - One Who Knows. People Who Know Should Be Avoided. Senor Seems To Know everything There Is about "Spirituality", He Knows The Right Way To Do Things And Live. The Only Right Way. His Way or The Highway. Not Very Enlightented At All. Correct Me If I Am Wrong.

Dave On The Other Hand Is Not Like That. I Dont' See What Dave sees In Senor. But Because He Does Seem To Trust Senor It Gives Me Pause To Doubt My Own View.

While The Potential Of discussing Wei Wu Seems Intersted, To Associated any High Concepts With some Jerk Off Stoner Seems Folly.

I think Merlin Needs To Change The Thread Name, Again.

As Far As Non Secret Business goes, Perhaps Regular Posters Should Be Allowed into The Secret Business, Be Transparent, Why Not.

Mr X.

ju4o:
Well yes I was joking when I suggested "Discussing SR in a completely insulting way thread"

I didn't expect Merlin would actually do it

Actually I meant that, so far, this thread amounted to nothing more than discussing SR in a completely insulting way.

Now I'm not going to make any suggestion at all and am looking forward with delighted anticipation to see what enchanting name Merlin comes up with.  The blossoms are fragile.

--- Quote ---To-day we have naming of parts. Yesterday,
We had daily cleaning. And to-morrow morning,
We shall have what to do after firing. But to-day,
To-day we have naming of parts. Japonica
Glistens like coral in all of the neighboring gardens,
          And to-day we have naming of parts.

This is the lower sling swivel. And this
Is the upper sling swivel, whose use you will see,
When you are given your slings. And this is the piling swivel,
Which in your case you have not got. The branches
Hold in the gardens their silent, eloquent gestures,
          Which in our case we have not got.

This is the safety-catch, which is always released
With an easy flick of the thumb. And please do not let me
See anyone using his finger. You can do it quite easy
If you have any strength in your thumb. The blossoms
Are fragile and motionless, never letting anyone see
          Any of them using their finger.

And this you can see is the bolt. The purpose of this
Is to open the breech, as you see. We can slide it
Rapidly backwards and forwards: we call this
Easing the spring. And rapidly backwards and forwards
The early bees are assaulting and fumbling the flowers:
          They call it easing the Spring.

They call it easing the Spring: it is perfectly easy
If you have any strength in your thumb: like the bolt,
And the breech, and the cocking-piece, and the point of balance,
Which in our case we have not got; and the almond-blossom
Silent in all of the gardens and the bees going backwards and forwards,
          For to-day we have naming of parts.
--- End quote ---

ju4o:
P.S. Just to add, I think that Merlin knew perfectly well I was joking.

He does tend to know that kind of thing, now.

Perhaps he saw it as comeuppance for my once having entitled a thread "On The Unexpected Wholesomeness of Cleargreen".

ju4o:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version