Forum4 > Swimming for my Dad

general superparanatural exploration - part 2

<< < (3/4) > >>

Mr X:

Mr G:
Hi i'm just popping in to say sorry for not taking part in the conversation. I'm just having to deal with "mountains" of work.. Sorry, i'm sure for some people it would be a minor chore but I'm not one of them.. Once more into the fray i go..

Merlin:
Sorry struggling to understand these lottery games...

Anyway, the question that sort of stands out and smacks one in the eye is ...
If all this nearly there, almost right, close-but-not-quite etc. guesswork is an act of a supernatural entity ... is the entity guessing too?
If not, and if it is the work of the paranormal, why is it being so cryptic?

I imagine that if there is something that can transfer number/word information telepathically, it would transfer all the information rather than bits of it for a laugh.

Understanding that Ra6 has a reputation for the lowest miracle declaration threshold yet witnessed in a public space, my view is that he appears to have roped you all into a virtual life-of-Brian script.

Tupe:  https://youtu.be/krb2OdQksMc?t=2m33s

ju4o:

It's a question of staying in the sweet spot where things are startling but not too startling.

If the information transmission experiments were too successful, we'd have to start not believing each other and/or wondering if the little cameras at the top of laptop screens could somehow get turned on remotely, which would destroy the nice easy feeling of the forum.

Mr X:
hello merlin,

you raise some points that apply to not only the guessing games but general supernatural exploration.

--- Quote from: Merlin on 18 August 2015 11:05:26 PM ---Anyway, the question that sort of stands out and smacks one in the eye is ...
If all this nearly there, almost right, close-but-not-quite etc. guesswork is an act of a supernatural entity ... is the entity guessing too?
If not, and if it is the work of the paranormal, why is it being so cryptic?

--- End quote ---

firstly, we dont know it was an supernatural intelligence, just that something happened at all. and what happened seemed to be more than just a strong sequence of coincidences.

i can see what you are saying, and i ask why wouldnt it be cryptic to us ? why would we understand how supernatural forces work. like an radio just tuning into an crackling band enough to hear some words and numbers. there could still be an superpara quality to it all without some intelligence singling us out. such as meat to meat telepathy running at 00.1 capacity. or pure incredible luck. even then we would not understand how it works.

there is probably a reason why the famous quote is

"God moves in a mysterious way, His wonders to perform; He plants His footsteps in the sea, And rides upon the storm."

and not

"when the supernatural does something, it is always well explained, and neat and tidy, everyone understands everything, and there is no room for interpretation, as our minds are capable of understanding the workings of the divine."

--- Quote from: Merlin on 18 August 2015 11:05:26 PM ---I imagine that if there is something that can transfer number/word information telepathically, it would transfer all the information rather than bits of it for a laugh.

--- End quote ---

i imagine thats how true telepathy would work. if we were face to face, i could say all of this post, possibly in an instant, without words. you would hear, comprehend everything despite spelling grammer or language, and reply in real time.  so that is not what happened.

if we were just scratching the telepathic surface, an number here, word there, synchronous behavior or experience there, would make sense. if it was purely us involved.

if there were some external force such as an generic intelligence of the universe or even an preternatural scamp involved, we shouldnt apply human rationality and expect and non human intelligence or force to comply. wether it is an glimpse of an impersonal wider network of information, or an actual entity of some sort, there is no reason why it would play by our rules or make any sense to us.

with ghosts, as an generic example, say at an old building an caretaker, contractor and security guard all see the full bodied apparition of the same figure at different times. with no prior knowledge of the haunt. one things leads to another they compare notes, get their minds blown. independent accurate hits on an paranormal thing. researchers come in to look for the ghost with all their electronics and gear, cant find anything other than hints something is around. why would the ghost not transfer all its information to everyone, and just use its appearances on some people. nobody knows.

as an side, have you seen what happens when people claim to telepathically receive all the information from an being - it is called channeling and results in all sorts of new agery. not pretty.

mr x.

tupe for merlin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BNjJutK_4A&t=1m47s
tupe for g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amJCWEgSnAs

ps.
mr j as and side note - unless you use the laptop camera daily you should keep it covered up, in the same way you should have av/firewall and so on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version