Author Topic: The blossoms are fragile  (Read 85900 times)

Merlin

• horse whisperer
The blossoms are fragile
« on: 24 February 2014 09:36:00 PM »
Wow, deleted from sustained reaction after a couple of minutes.  Can't imagine why they might be offended by ...

Much as it embarrasses me to interrupt this conceit-fest (you two need to get a room), I note that once again you fools have neglected to renew your hosting package for sustainedaction.

... just saying ... as you were.  yuk.

Not at all confident dumb and dumber will be renewing sustainedaction anytime soon.
« Last Edit: 04 March 2014 08:00:23 AM by âspen »
Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?

Mr X

• unpinged
Re: Discussing SR in a comprehensively insulting way thread
« Reply #1 on: 25 February 2014 11:10:28 PM »
the suprising part is that someone was monitoring that blog enough to delete it in minuites.

sa is still up for me.

realistically, you posted an snarky comment, so what did you expect. there would of been more tactful ways of reminding them. no one would want an post the humiliates them on there own personal blog.

i think senor was an bit sore from the post on genaros hat, but seemed to take it in good sports in the end. if you wanted to not be deleted it would probably be best to try an different tact.

mr x.
« Last Edit: 01 March 2014 07:23:32 PM by Merlin »

Merlin

• horse whisperer
« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2014 11:30:39 PM »
Finally they moved it to another board and posted an snarky reply.  And then renewed sustainedaction, LOL. Nowt so strange as folk.  Seriously I don't mind that they delete what I post, my intention was to point out their negligence and the freaky spectacle they have tuned SR into.
« Last Edit: 01 March 2014 07:23:44 PM by Merlin »

Mr X

• unpinged
« Reply #3 on: 26 February 2014 01:04:02 AM »
the freaky spectacle is interested, i highly doubt it is obvious or visible to the participants.

it is weird. there are people who like toy train sets, and they would constantly think about and internet about their model trains, every day.

i would not critic those people. while it is weird and strange to me about their obsession, but so is any obsession. people like what they like, involve themselves with what they like.

while i definatley think sr has taken an turn for the really weird, i just dont know. maybe they are just train enthusiasts. doesnt make it less weird, maybe senor is just autistic and brujo is just a train man.

either way to post on their forum you have to play by their rules, is only fair.

mr x.

« Last Edit: 01 March 2014 07:23:55 PM by Merlin »

ju4o

• scout
« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2014 09:00:59 AM »
Hi.  "Discussing non-secret business board" is a strange name for a subforum.  Merlin are you trying to undermine the publicity drive by raising all sorts of doubts about what is going on in this forum?

Also, when I first saw this it looked like this

so my natural assumption was that this thread was marked as "deleted" i.e. is not an actual thread.  I think you will agree that was a reasonable assumption.

i.e. I thought you had just deleted a thread started by a robot spammer.

But I must say that speaking to them in Russian is very cool.

Anyway, now that it says "last post by Mr X" I realize this is an actual thread.  But if you want to avoid more people assuming the same thing I did, you might like to rename this thread.

How about "Discussing SR in a completely insulting way thread".

Now, as to actual comment on this thread, here is what I suggest.

I'm not sure if Jeremy realizes you are simply telling him he ought to get Wu to put his (Jeremy's) email address on the hosting contact list.

But I'm also not sure if Jeremy realizes how odd it is of him to say "It's hard to keep track of, because NetSol doesn't send me a bill, nor any notice that a bill is coming due.  That's why it keeps happening.  If the phone or the electric company never billed me, I'd probably forget to pay them too."

He must realize that a company like Network Solutions does send reminders.  I wonder if he is rather embarrassed to admit that he can't actually get Wu to do anything at all.

Wei wu wei = doing not doing.  Or, do not do.  Actually it is a deeply subtle Chinese concept and well worth discussing here.
« Last Edit: 01 March 2014 07:24:06 PM by Merlin »

ju4o

• scout
« Reply #5 on: 02 March 2014 02:18:52 PM »
wei ~ do, handle, govern, act (Lat. facere) be, network, solve
wu ~ negative, no, not, lack (without credit card) austere, unlifted, acausal

爲無爲 wei wu wei has myriad combinations of meaning ... "network acausal solutions", "finance austerely handled", "lift not finger", "resources dwindle effort"

Therefore the sage manages affairs without doing anything, and conveys his instructions without the use of speech.

All things spring up, and there is not one which declines to show itself; they grow, and there is no claim made for their ownership;

they go through their processes, and there is no expectation (of a reward for the results). The work is accomplished, and there is no resting in it (as an achievement).

The work is done, but how no one can see;
'Tis this that makes the power not cease to be.

Daodejing 2, trans. James Legge in The Sacred Books of the East, ed. F. Max Müller, volume xxxix ( Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1891 )

Mr X

• unpinged
« Reply #6 on: 03 March 2014 02:49:08 AM »
Renaming The Thread to insults is not The Best Either.

I dont' Want To Insult Sustained Reaction, there Is No Need For that. I Like S ustained Reaction. So Now Posting In This Thread Suggests I Am Posting To Insult, That Is Not The Case.

MR J, I Think You Are Giving Senor Much too Much Credit.

While I Am Late To The Party, I Will Never Have The Depth of Experience, History And Understanding About SR As You Or Merlin Do, My Opnion Of Senor Is Poor To Say The Least.

The Meanings of Wei And Wu Are Deep And Interesting, Very Nice, But the Man "Senor" is not Those Words as Far as Is Obvious.

He Seems To Be an Perma-Stoned Pothead, Sweat Lodge marlarky hoo-ha, and One Of the Most Dangerous People Types There is - One Who Knows. People Who Know Should Be Avoided. Senor Seems To Know everything There Is about "Spirituality", He Knows The Right Way To Do Things And Live. The Only Right Way. His Way or The Highway. Not Very Enlightented At All. Correct Me If I Am Wrong.

Dave On The Other Hand Is Not Like That. I Dont' See What Dave sees In Senor. But Because He Does Seem To Trust Senor It Gives Me Pause To Doubt My Own View.

While The Potential Of discussing Wei Wu Seems Intersted, To Associated any High Concepts With some Jerk Off Stoner Seems Folly.

I think Merlin Needs To Change The Thread Name, Again.

As Far As Non Secret Business goes, Perhaps Regular Posters Should Be Allowed into The Secret Business, Be Transparent, Why Not.

Mr X.

ju4o

• scout
« Reply #7 on: 03 March 2014 11:10:26 AM »
Well yes I was joking when I suggested "Discussing SR in a completely insulting way thread"

I didn't expect Merlin would actually do it

Actually I meant that, so far, this thread amounted to nothing more than discussing SR in a completely insulting way.

Now I'm not going to make any suggestion at all and am looking forward with delighted anticipation to see what enchanting name Merlin comes up with.  The blossoms are fragile.

To-day we have naming of parts. Yesterday,
We had daily cleaning. And to-morrow morning,
We shall have what to do after firing. But to-day,
To-day we have naming of parts. Japonica
Glistens like coral in all of the neighboring gardens,
          And to-day we have naming of parts.

This is the lower sling swivel. And this
Is the upper sling swivel, whose use you will see,
When you are given your slings. And this is the piling swivel,
Which in your case you have not got. The branches
Hold in the gardens their silent, eloquent gestures,
          Which in our case we have not got.

This is the safety-catch, which is always released
With an easy flick of the thumb. And please do not let me
See anyone using his finger. You can do it quite easy
If you have any strength in your thumb. The blossoms
Are fragile and motionless, never letting anyone see
          Any of them using their finger.

And this you can see is the bolt. The purpose of this
Is to open the breech, as you see. We can slide it
Rapidly backwards and forwards: we call this
Easing the spring. And rapidly backwards and forwards
The early bees are assaulting and fumbling the flowers:
          They call it easing the Spring.

They call it easing the Spring: it is perfectly easy
If you have any strength in your thumb: like the bolt,
And the breech, and the cocking-piece, and the point of balance,
Which in our case we have not got; and the almond-blossom
Silent in all of the gardens and the bees going backwards and forwards,
          For to-day we have naming of parts.

ju4o

• scout
« Reply #8 on: 03 March 2014 11:30:20 AM »
P.S. Just to add, I think that Merlin knew perfectly well I was joking.

He does tend to know that kind of thing, now.

Perhaps he saw it as comeuppance for my once having entitled a thread "On The Unexpected Wholesomeness of Cleargreen".

ju4o

• scout
« Reply #9 on: 03 March 2014 12:39:33 PM »

Merlin

• horse whisperer
Re: くちきたない スステインド リアクション
« Reply #10 on: 03 March 2014 10:08:06 PM »
Let me know if there are any further requests.  Happy to oblige.
Just want to point out that you are both in possession of the "powers" to modify post titles as you please.

I have long considered that Dave comes across as an aggressive extremist.
« Last Edit: 03 March 2014 10:12:05 PM by Merlin »

Mr X

• unpinged
Re: くちきたない スステインド リアクション
« Reply #11 on: 04 March 2014 03:08:36 AM »
I Do Find It Amusing that The Three of Us Are Sitting Around Trying to Decide the Name of One Thread.

In the End, Merlin, It is Youre Thread So The Name Is Up To You. I Would Not Use any Powers To Ovveride Your Choice.

Thank You For Youre Thoughts On Dave, I Did Not know You Saw Him That Way. I Am Guessing You Cant' Be The Only One.

I think Dave Was Doing Very Well, Setting Up To Be The Worlds Top Living Casta Debunker. He Was Posting Good Things And People Enjoyed to Read It.
Then He Sided With Senor, Dropping His Credibility by At Least 50%, Due to Senor Being As Bad As Any Guru. Doesnt' Make Him An Bad Person Or Anything,
But It Did Not Help The Debunker Side At All.

I think, or At Least Hope, Anyone from Aggressive Extremists, Jerk Off Stoners, True Beliefers, On The Fencers, Anyone in The Extended Casta Online Community, would Be Perfectly Fine In Real Life, Some One You Could Break Bread With And Enjoy The Company Off Despite Their Online Profile. Well anyone Except Shilloutue and Mr Hawaii ( ;D ). At Least I hope That Is The Case. We Are All Train Enthusiasts perhaps.

Mr X.

âspen

Re: The blossoms are fragile
« Reply #12 on: 04 March 2014 08:02:15 AM »
Apparently くちきたない means Bitchtalk.

Google Translate struggles to attribute meaning to スステインド リアクション but provides a helpful guide to the pronunciation ... susuteindo riakushon.

Thank you Merlin.

Mr X

• unpinged
« Reply #13 on: 04 March 2014 08:45:09 AM »
susuteindo riakushon Bitchtalk,

I like That. It has An nice Ring To It.

Mr X.

âspen

« Reply #14 on: 04 March 2014 01:08:55 PM »

Are you sure?  I'll change things back once you've had a chance to be duly horrified.  (Or you can!)