Author Topic: Uber my dead body: An undertaking on overmen  (Read 47166 times)

Mr G

Uber my dead body: An undertaking on overmen
« on: 18 August 2014 07:48:26 PM »
Before we can speculate on how peoples will be 500 years from now, we should consider peoples in their current form.

Axiom A: Peoples are apemonkeys.

(Although someone made a case that peoples are pig-ape hybrids. This is so perfect that it should be true even if it isn't. I'll link later. *)

Peoples primary mover is a basic program that can be expressed  thus in BASIC:

10 AVOID DEATH
20 EAT
30 MATE
40 GOTO 10

This very basic program, identical to that of a fruit fly, is now run on the fastest, most capacious computer for lightyears around. The computer makes it seem, to the user, that it is moved by art and philosophy and dreams and love. However, the computer is simply rationalizing.

The peoples are capable of art and cetera, but this largely doesn't matter as it is a fringe concern. The computer will execute the program at all costs.

To most efficiently execute the program, the computer is set to monitor for threshold levels of chemical signals. "If T > x execute subroutine ENTITLED MF" The computer has identified that the individual has High Potency and that it would benefit the species gene pool if it mates more often. To facilitate higher mating frequency, Low Potency units are programmed "If T < x execute subroutine OBEY EMF". (Only in the presence of the EMF; at home one should always bitch and whine.)

Low Potency units are compelled to assist the EMF unit to AVOID DEATH and EAT. High Desirability female units are programmed to assess T in male units as well. "If T > x GOTO 30 in programme MAIN". Females lower on the scale will assess T in the remaining units and GOTO 30, however big T still reigns supreme.

Conclusion of Part 1:

Entitlement and inequality is programmed into us apemonkeys. This produces all wars, religions and gentlemen's clubs. Wars are spats among EMFs. We are programmed to obey. It also produces technology and art and architecture and music as the possessors of mediocre T seek to attract mates and prove their usefulness to the EMF.

Prelude to Part 2:

But this is only the program of the apemonkeys. The under-ubermensch. I feel grotesque having written this down, I don't really feel we're like this. We're just mostly like this. We have the beginnings of better beings within us and I'm okay with that.
In our next episode, I shall consider what an ubermensch might be like.

Kind regards,
R. Apemonkey III

http://www.macroevolution.net/human-origins.html#.U_I9jWPWf88

PS, an EMF is an expletive laden abbreviation of an oedipal nature I used in another thread. Entitled Motherf?????

Mr X

• unpinged
Re: Uber my dead body: An undertaking on overmen
« Reply #1 on: 19 August 2014 08:27:04 AM »

mr x.

Mr G

« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2014 07:51:30 PM »
If there is to be overmen (and there is), perhaps the first question should be: How many?

It is somehow common wisdom that we are overpopulated, that we are bagillions of groveling, teeming dirty masses squeezing the life out of this poor, dear roundrock. How comes that to be?
The poor, dear fact is that human monkeys are the complete pinnacle of everything, as far as the eye can see. Even the modestest plank of an apeknob standing there picking her nose, contemplating her finger as it glistens in the midday rads, is ever so much more desirable than even the nearest non-humonkey rival.

We are precious dears, you can bet the farm on that. Because, you know, we're a bridge over an abyss and whatnot.

So, from where the clamour that we should be lesser by far? Whose mighty idea might that belong to? Let's have "Utopia" as an exemplate (the  TV series, not the thing): Oh dear, we must all die now, or bear no more earthmonkeys else we choke our precious resources to death and thus all die later, or bear no more earthmonkeys. Your struly narrator loved it ever so much, but really, it's all rather silly. What shortage of resources? Is it to oil thou referrest? Screw oil! Silly buggers. Will we consume all the water, then not urinate it out?  Eat all the gold? Run out of ink to print mealtickets?

Is it energy that concerneth thou? Is it that we shall have none, then burn each other's bones to keep warm in winter? Granted, it might get cold, or hot - that may come... but yeah, so? Are we not the mighty planners of the apes? We can't, you know, figure something out? Oh but deary me, we'll have no coalies, see?

Riiii...iii....ii..ght.

You know, let's just pretend for a moment that the sun doesn't also rise. That there isn't enough sunshine to power everything for ever and ever amen. No probs, bub. Let's make some nother plan. How much energy shall we need to sustain some bloated bunch of energy hungry overmen. Let's consider a contemporary analogue - we shall substitute the citizens of that planet called the US of Amorica... Pop. 300 000 000, give or take.

Let us consider the annual energetic appetite of such a being: Wikipedia claims a per capita use of 300 gigajoules... this is shaping up nicely. Now, according to some dumstein, the number of joules is equal to the number of kilogrammes, multiplied by the square of 300 000 000 meters per second. The fricken square.  (I'm rounding off these figures, but not much.)

So... crunching the numbers, how many kilogrammes of mass contains enough energy to power Amorica for one spin around the (now non-shining) sun? It is 1000. Yes, there is enough energy in one cubic meter of ball park sewage to run everything - everything - in the US for a year.

Yah sure it's not that easy and whatnot, and it's dangerous and quite hard to do. But we don't do these things because they are easy, we do them because they are hard. It will take lots of monkeypower to build the facilities maybe, but wasn't that the one thing we had plenty of? Wasn't it us just now who were concerned for unemployment?

You know, just let the overmen hump like bunny rabbits and let them fill this barren wasteland of a fricken boundless universe with little bitty overmen, and let them laugh and play and plant lawns if they want to, good dammit.

Sheesh.

PS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL8M5g8PO94
« Last Edit: 28 August 2014 08:23:15 PM by Mr G »

Mr X

• unpinged
« Reply #3 on: 13 October 2014 12:22:31 PM »
ubermen need an nice religion to tye things together,

i would recommend,

1 dont be an narcissist

2 be excellent to each other.

mr x.

aploigise for late reply, busy at the current time.

Mr X

• unpinged
« Reply #4 on: 06 November 2014 12:28:54 PM »
hello mr ape,

i have read these posts multiple times, and i dont have an witty or in anyway good reply.
but if you would like to keep writing about this topic then i would lots likes to keep reading about it.

mr x.

Mr G

« Reply #5 on: 09 April 2015 09:03:49 PM »
Just read this bit from the proverbial horse's mouth. Mr F.N. "On Truth and Lie in an Extra-Moral Sense" (1873)

In some remote corner of the universe, poured out and glittering in innumerable solar systems, there once was a star on which clever animals invented knowledge. That was the haughtiest and most mendacious minute of "world history" - yet only a minute. After nature had drawn a few breaths the star grew cold, and the clever animals had to die.

One might invent such a fable and still not have illustrated sufficiently how wretched, how shadowy and flighty, how aimless and arbitrary, the human intellect appears in nature. There have been eternities when it did not exist; and when it is done for again, nothing will have happened. For this intellect has no further mission that would lead beyond human life. It is human, rather, and only its owner and producer gives it such importance, as if the world pivoted around it. But if we could communicate with the mosquito, then we would learn that it floats through the air with the same self-importance, feeling within itself the flying center of the world. There is nothing in nature so despicable and insignificant that it cannot immediately be blown up like a bag by a slight breath of this power of knowledge; and just as every porter wants an admirer, the proudest human being, the philosopher, thinks that he sees the eyes of the universe telescopically focused from all sides on his actions and thoughts.

Yeah... Lighten the %#* up, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnlXxe4_Xd4

Mr X

• unpinged
« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2015 07:17:39 PM »
hello mr g,

at first i read that post quote. i was thinking yeah this is ok. then sublime.

many hours later it floated back into my mind. the contrast of f.n being f.n, then "hey nietzsche man, chill the frak out". an i did laugh.

there are f.n audiobooks around even on youtube. i have been trying to get through them now for many moons. agreeing with f.n is not always the best. and dont listen to f.n when at work.
http://i.imgur.com/9T1kgIr.gif

mr x.

ps. how would that quote change if he had access to future ideas such as uploading humans to computers.

Mr G

« Reply #7 on: 14 April 2015 07:31:05 PM »
I have a friend who's very into organic farming and that kind of stuff. If I understand him correctly, he would like for peepholes to live "closer to the earth", in little subsistence farming communities, in much lower numbers. He wants this because he believes that people are basically a disease that afflicts our beauteous petite little planetoid. There, he argues, lies the worth of the world. In nature, not poeple. Now this is certainly a point of view one may have. I like earth, 'tis my 'hood. Why would I want to kill it? I certainly don't.

But my friend further argues that humangity has nuffin' good to add, and that we should scrape by in humility and thanktitude. How he wants the majority of poeples to die voluntarifically is another matter. Said I: But friend, I figure we're still the main peanut in the packet, not so? Are we not the things with minds? The things with think?

Nein! He counters - Look ye to the noble eagle (no relation), and cower in prostration at its awesome eyesight, and its razor sharp talons, ye pinksoft personage. And I did wonder at it, its mighty eyes that spots a field mouse from a mile high, and how it rips to shreds its prey for antipasto. He had me there. My species have vulnerable soft bellies, cannot fly and can hardly see the wood for the trees... but yet they can make a telescope so powerful you can see the back of your head round the other end of the universe. Also, you know, actual razors.

I told my friend, in hope of assuaging his boundless rage against the manchine, that I hope we can lessen the burden on the planite buy spreading to other planites, like yonder Mars and such. I hoped that he would like the idea of bringingk life to a spacerock, blossoming in the dessert, a little blade of grass breaking throu the concrete. No such luck. Declared he: I'll cut off your balls before you leave the atmosphere!

Well. That sure escalated quickly. But I wondered, was his threat of castration symbolically intended? That I not spread my bad seed to the cold dead recesses of the rest of the universe? Is humangity so bad that they shouldn't even infest a rock?

Here is where I take issue. Humans are the best things ever, as far as we know. We're not perfect, sure, but we'll get there eventually. Most poeple seem to like earth, and even tolerate plants and animals. We'll find a way to live in really modern metropolisses and have nature right there in it also too.

We're not all bad, come on poeple! There's no point in hating yourselves. Why don't you pat yourself on the back for a job well half-done, and give yer wife a kiss for good luck. For verily shall we soon witness the birth of the overmenchines...

...and I hope they treat us well.

Weller than we treated them animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts