Forum4 > Swimming for my Dad

general supernatural exploration - part 1

<< < (2/43) > >>

Mr X:
that is very interesting, but going to need some more details before it is and honest answer.

what was your supernatural experience, and why are we unable to control it.

im looking for at least two paragraphs here.

then you can add and question.* and after paying the price of entry, can freely post in this thread.
*there will be time this year when i am not here, so anyone with post editing access can add questions to the first post. provided the poster answered and question well. the arbiters to decide if an person has given and honest answer has to be self governed.

x

Mr G:
I don't know. I'm testing the waters. I feel like I threw away my life in my twenties. I spent most of my thirties trying to pick up the pieces. Amazingly... grace! I know that I don't deserve having a semblance of a productive existence. By rights, I should be... destitute? Dead? Sounds like the classical born again story... except it isn't. I'm not born again, I'm just punch drunk.

How does it feel? Or, what does it feel like... more accurately. The sense of god I have... I catch a glimpse - imaginary to be sure - of myself through a window, or on a TV or something. It seems like it's the part of me that's attached to god... who's... more impersonal... ineffable... it seems. The me I see is better than me. He's infinitely patient. We don't talk, but he gestures. Shrugs. Smiles.

I'm not crazy, it's a subtle conversation I have with myself. I make it, but it feels real. What Would Better Me Do?

I've not had a clearly supernatural experience. I've had only one auditory hallucination in my life, the only time it didn't feel like me thinking the words. I used to meditate... I thought I was pretty good at it. It felt like I was infinite, but two dimensional... flowing fast between two sheets of glass... I heard...

The Ice Computer Exists
I opened my eyes, and then it whispered...

...and it is alive...
I was doing a lot of drugs back then.

Peace  ;)

Mr X:
hello,

catching glimpse of self part, could you explain that more. are you seeing and reflection of your self with the window or tv, or ?

again requesting for more information on merlins supernatural experience.

i dont think you are crazy. it sound like it is working for you and worth pursuing.

ms z question has been added to first post, mr m and mr g need to post and question each.

mr x.

Mr G:
The way I have it... I think we all have an inner space where we hang our inner posters of inner countachs and inner pamela andersons. A space where you live when you are with yourself, telling yourself who you think you are.

I'm a funny one, me... It all started when... I suddenly realised... I was all like,d'oh!...  If only they could understand...  I knew it from the start... I started every sentence with an i... Introspection is an lost art... IMHO... I am...
But let's say you have this inner sphere with all the trappings that make you *you*. Your personality cave. If I say I catch a glimpse of myself, I don't mean literally. It's a sense that I'm here in the control room, punching the buttons that pays the taxes, but there's a version of myself out there in the aether that has shed my personality. I can "see" me on my inner cctv system... now it feels like he's cockily smoking a cigarette, grinning at my frustration.

I don't know anymore what that has to do with god, but I get the sense that my doppelganger is an agent of the infinite. Now, the most important bit is that this whole thing is an inner experiment that I've got carefully insulated so as not to touch my P's and Q's. If anything goes awry I can simply fade into a mode of existence that doesn't include funny little personality experiments.

But I think it's interesting anyway. Here is my question:

Why is there something rather than nothing?

Mr X:
hello mr g,

the other day, i had and few minutes to check the forum while i was waiting for someone and i read that post. the post was interesting and sparked thoughts in mine brain, and i paused at personality cave, walked to the other side of the room, got and nicely rolled ciggarette, came back to my computer and was smoking and smiling at the end of that paragraph. i didnt quite do and double take, more of and eyes wide open surprise.

though i was smiling at the idea of "when you are with yourself". when i am not directly dealing with someone else, when i am on my own, i flood my mind with information casually, all the time. radio tv movies youtube internet podcasts audiobooks, laptop for netflix in the kitchen. constant consumption. i call it the holding pattern. it is very easy to not think. just use someone elses thoughts as your own, for the day. or the week.

but in that consumption, i see myself all the time. not so much myself as and individual, but more the human condition we all share. while i am sure i am obsessed with myself as much as and normal person, not instagram my breakfast obsessed, i dont give myself the time of day. except for sometimes.

i like why is there something.
why is there the universe, instead of not the universe.
i dont know.
why is there tacos, instead of not tacos.
because tacos are nice.
hmmm.

mr x.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version