Forum4 > Serious Research

Nicotine Dreams - The Effect of Nicotine Patches on Dreams

<< < (2/3) > >>

tally-ho!:
how expected!

here he comes again - the burning Buddha (but no fire from within for the masses...)

tally-ho!:

הַקּוֹל קוֹל בּוּדְהָא
וְהַיַדָּיִם יְדֵי יָמָא

tally-ho!:
~

Mr X:
report 2

week 2 was pretty uneventful.

no patch on day 1,2,3,6,7 (days 8, 9, 10, 13, 14)
patch on days 11, 12 (thursday and friday).

day one of the week had lots of remembering of dreams. although by then i was experience dream journal fatigue.
days two and three had very little dream remembering compared to other days during the experiment.

both patch days resulted in considerable dream remembering (compared to some of the other days of the week, but on par with day one and seven, if anything day seven was the strongest dream memory day, but it is hard to quantify what counts as "strongest memory day")
again the first patch of the week resulted in feeling very tired the next day.

during patch 4 (second patch of the week) dreams, something happened that could of sparked a nightmare, but i remained calm.

day 6 was the first day of the experiment that i couldnt remember anything. i wrote 4 notes in the journal but that was just general things, barely even memories.

i think that as a smoker, the patch is keeping me stress free during sleep. as i went with a middle ground patch, i think i am not taking a strong enough dose of nicotine to cause nightmares.

there were 7 patches in the box i bought. so i will need to buy more for week 4. in week 3 i will try double patches, and in week 4 try the strongest patches.

in week 1 remembering dream content during the day due to events or thoughts or consumption was very common. considerably less so in week 2. overall intensity of dreams has also been wavering.
i think i might be getting bored with the content my mind produces while asleep, due to repeating themes and noticing that nightmare fuel isnt that nightmarish. some nightmares seem to be just insecurities blown out of proportion by the mind. and other nightmares dont scare you if you take the stance of "i dont give a fuck".

mr x.

ps.
z, i dont know what you are talking about, why the pics 404ed, but please stay on topic in this experiment thread.

tally-ho!:

--- Quote --- Mr x:
ps.
z, i dont know what you are talking about, why the pics 404ed, but please stay on topic in this experiment thread.

--- End quote ---

i'm talking about deus-ex-macina - or otherwise somebody (admin? external power?) who adamantly deleted  my pics.
how can i stay on topic when my content is deleted?

advice?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version